The Glass House Responds to COVID-19
June 11, 2020
We have been carefully monitoring developments related to Covid-19 and have been working on plans to reopen the site in a manner that will be safe for our visitors and staff.
Today, we are happy to announce that the Glass House will reopen as an outdoor-only experience in a limited capacity beginning Monday, June 22, 2020. While the buildings will remain closed for now, we are excited to welcome you to our 49-acre landscape as a place of beauty and respite.
While we are operating under this new model, tickets for access to the grounds only (aka “grounds passes”) will be released in 2-week increments and are currently available through July 6. Tickets for grounds access will go live at 10 a.m. every other Monday.
The well-being of our visitors and associates is our top priority, and we developed our reopening protocols to include additional safety measures during the Covid-19 outbreak. These include:
- Grounds passes must be purchased in advance via the Glass House website.
- Visitors must bring and wear masks or face-coverings while on the site.
- Small groups will be limited to no more than 5 members of a family or household party.
- Please stay at least six feet apart from different groups while on the site.
- All bathrooms will be closed, please plan accordingly.
- Educators and staff will be on site to assist from a safe distance but will not offer tours at this time.
- A full list of additional guidelines is available here. Arrival and parking information will be provided to all ticket purchasers in advance. Please read and follow these instructions.
The Glass House Visitor Center + Design Store, located at 199 Elm Street, New Canaan, will also reopen on June 22 and features a curated selection of objects, art editions, and books.
Of course, we will adjust our operating status to reflect changes in Governor Lamont’s Guidelines for Reopening Connecticut. In that case, we will update our website and social media accounts.
We thank you for your continued support of the Glass House and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Gregory Sages, Executive Director, The Glass House