New self-guided passes available now! The Glass House will re-open on July 9, 2021. In July + August, the site will be open on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday between the hours of 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Tickets for self-guided passes, which will include access to the interior spaces of the Glass House, Sculpture Gallery and/or Painting Gallery, as well as the landscape of the 49-acre site, are available now for the months of July and August. Tickets for the rest of the season will be released at a later date.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time for check-in at the Visitor Center. The shuttle bus will depart for the site promptly on the hour. Return shuttles will be available at the site at approximately half-past the hour. We will do our best to accommodate late arrivals but can make no guarantees. The last departure time is at 2:00pm. The site closes at 4:00pm.
A note for visitors: the best time to view the installation David Hartt: A Colored Garden will be approximately mid-May to October. However, these dates may change if the bloom is either early or late due to weather conditions. Visitors will also encounter the exhibition Pliable Plane: Anni Albers in the Glass House and the exhibition From the Collection: Frank Stella in the Painting Gallery.
The well-being of our visitors and staff is our highest priority and we have adjusted our visitor experience to include additional safety measures during the Covid-19 health crisis.
Please note the following guidelines:
• Admission is $30 per person. Self-guided passes are currently available for the month of July and August. Tickets for the rest of the season will be released at a later date
• All self-guided passes should be reserved in advance. Walk-ins will be permitted only when capacity allows. NTHP member discounts are not available at this time.
• Please note, children must be over the age of 10 accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Unfortunately, younger children cannot be accommodated due to CT state law regarding car seats which impacts the use of our shuttle bus.
• We encourage visitors and employees to stay home if they are sick. If you purchased tickets in advance but become ill, we will honor your tickets when you have recovered.
• Masks will be required for visitors while riding on the shuttle bus to and from the site. Masks are highly recommended for visitors while inside the Visitor Center or inside buildings at the site. Masks are not required while walking the grounds outside.
• Bikes, scooters, skateboards, kites, toys, etc will not be permitted
• Pets, other than service animals, will not be permitted.
• Photography for personal use is encouraged. Please note tripods and professional photo-shoots are not permitted. If you are interested in organizing a photo-shoot please contact us.
• Picnicking, food, blankets, etc will not be permitted.
• The interior spaces of the Glass House, Sculpture Gallery and/or Painting Gallery will be open to visitors.
• Educators and staff will be present to assist but will not be offering formal tours at this time.
• Check out our What’s on page for information on special programming at the site and online.
Plan your visit
• Check in location: Visitor Center + Design Store at 199 Elm Street, New Canaan, CT 06840. Visitors will be transported to and from the site via shuttle bus. Please note any visitors attempting to access the site directly via private car, taxi, or Uber / Lyft will be re-routed by site staff to the Visitor Center.
• Lockers and storage for bags or luggage will be available at the Visitor Center + Design Store.
• Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for walking and standing outside for the duration of your visit. Seating and use of the golf cart will not be available.
• Please bring your own bottled water.
• Please monitor the weather prior to your arrival. In the case of rain, please bring umbrellas.
• Visitor parking on weekdays (Friday and Monday) is available in municipal lots approximately one block away from the Visitor Center. The parking lots are metered (credit cards or change are accepted) or visitors can purchase a full day parking pass ($4.00) at the time of their ticket purchase or by contacting the Visitor Center at 203-594-9884 x0. Visitor parking on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) is available for free in the train station parking lot across the street from the Visitor Center. For more information on parking in New Canaan, please visit the Parking Bureau website.
• For visitors will special needs, please contact the Visitor Center at 203-594-9884 x0 for use of one of our designated spaces.
Glass House + Galleries Tour2 Hours | $50 weekdays / $60 weekends and holidaysBuy Tickets
Not currently available.
Our most popular tour includes the Glass House, Painting Gallery, Sculpture Gallery, outdoor sculpture, and Da Monsta, with a three-quarter mile walk over grass and paths.
Extended Tour2 1/2 Hours | $85 weekdays / $100 weekends and holidaysBuy Tickets
Not currently available.
The Extended Tour affords time to visit Philip Johnson’s Studio, as well as the Glass House, Painting Gallery, Sculpture Gallery, outdoor sculpture, and Da Monsta. This tour includes a one-mile walk on paths and grass. Please note this tour is not available in December. Participants must be able to climb hills of moderate grade and stand for extended lengths of time. We regret that visitors using wheelchairs or scooters are not permitted on this tour.
In-Depth Tour3 Hours | $100 weekdays / $120 weekends and holidaysBuy Tickets
Not currently available.
Our most comprehensive tour, the In-depth Tour includes the Glass House, Painting Gallery, Sculpture Gallery, Da Monsta, Studio as well as the lower landscape with the Pavilion in the Pond and the Monument to Lincoln Kirstein. This tour includes 1 1/2 miles walking outside over uneven terrain and moderately steep paths. Please note this tour is not available in December. Participants must be able to climb hills of moderate grade and stand for extended lengths of time. We regret that visitors using wheelchairs or scooters are not permitted on this tour.
Self-Guided TourUp to 3 Hours | $75Buy Tickets
Not currently available.
Self-guided tours are available on select Sundays throughout the season.
Explore the Glass House campus at your own pace on days dedicated to self-guided visits to the site. Educators will be available across the site to provide information and answer questions. Visitors on self-guided tour days will have access to the Glass House, Painting Gallery, Sculpture Gallery, Studio, Pavilion in the Pond, Monument to Lincoln Kirstein and both upper and lower landscapes. Please note this option is not available in November or December. Picnicking, professional photography, tripods, and easels are not permitted. Participants must be able to climb hills of moderate grade and stand for extended lengths of time. We regret that visitors using wheelchairs or scooters are not permitted on this tour.
Private TourUp to 3 hours | $250 per personBuy Tickets
Not currently available. Please contact Isabel Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.978.3011 to receive a notification when guided tours resume.
Private tours are available by appointment and offer an in-depth experience of the site geared toward your specific interests. This tour provides unparalleled access to the buildings, art and design collections, and landscape.
Group TourBy Appointment | Contact us for PricingBuy Tickets
Booking now for 2021
Available for parties greater than 13 people. A variety of experiences are offered, including: focus tours, after school tours, and academic tours. Groups larger than 13 are accommodated by booking sequential tours with staggered departure times. For more information or to check availability please contact Troyce Smith, Group Tour Coordinator at email@example.com or 203-978-3015.